Here at Newcomers Keep Coming (NKC), we aim to guide you on your journey to finding a temporary, interim, or permanent sponsor or sponsee no matter if you're a newcomer / beginner or old timer in AA.
We firmly believe that having a sponsor or sponsee, whether temporary or permanent, is better than not having one at all. It may take a day, a few days, or even a few weeks to find the right sponsor for you. We are here to assist you in this process.
1) Complete your details and what sponsorship you’re looking for on the Sponsor / Sponsee Webform below so we can help guide you more.
2) Keep coming back to the NKC Zoom meeting. Join us early, before the meeting starts, and engage in conversation with our friendly team. The pre-meeting chat typically begins 30 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting time. Let the team know that you are looking for a sponsor or sponsee, and you will find supportive individuals to talk to and seek guidance from.
You can find the NKC Zoom meeting details and times on the front page of our website at www.newcomerskeepcoming.org. Aim to arrive approximately 30 minutes before the meeting's start time (don't forget to bookmark our website!).
3) We strongly recommend that you share during the main NKC Meeting. Sharing your thoughts and experiences will allow potential sponsors or sponsees to see and hear you. Make sure to mention that you are actively seeking a sponsor or sponsee.
4) Stay for the NKC meeting after it officially ends for the meeting after the meeting. This informal open sharing and chat time can extend for hours, with participants leaving at their convenience. Engage in conversation and sharing with others, and don't forget to mention your search for a sponsor or sponsee. We also offer breakout rooms for men, women, and non-binary individuals. Feel free to join these rooms and interact with others while expressing your sponsorship needs. The NKC family will do their best to assist you 🙏.
5) Also, attend face-to-face and other meetings. Engage in conversations and sharing during these meetings, emphasizing your search for a sponsor or sponsee. You can find meetings near you through the following link: Find A.A. Near You (Worldwide) | Alcoholics Anonymous (aa.org). Simply select your location, and it will provide you with information about your nearest AA Office, which can help you locate in-person or online meetings. Finding a real person to meet to be a sponsor or sponsee may be a better option for you.
6) Consider exploring the Sponsorship Connection, a directory of sponsors willing to provide support and sponsorship to sponsees. Please note that you won't have the opportunity to meet these sponsors first during a Zoom or face-to-face meeting. You can access the Sponsorship Connection Spreadsheet for the contact information The Sponsorship Connection Spreadsheet
7) You may wish to request to join the NKC WhatsApp chat group (you can download WhatsApp here www.whatsapp.com and in the form below also request to be added to the chat group), again this is a good place to search for a sponsor or find sponsees that are looking.
8) If you're looking for a sponsor we would really recommend that you ensure the person has a decent amount time and experience in AA and is following the full AA program. Ensure that they are currently working the full program and that they have a sponsor too. You can ask them about the AA program and who their sponsor is and if their sponsor has a sponsor too, and how many sponsees they currently sponsor. For sponsor and sponsees, also ask how long they've had them for. You would want to ensure you have the right experienced sponsor who does know and works the full AA program.
9) Don't look for a new friend, or that nice person, or funny person, or centre of attention person. Look at it as - will this person and their approach actually benefit and properly support my long lasting journey to sobriety.
10) Consider someone outside of your Home Group, as this maybe 'too close to home' for you both being in the same Home Group.
11) If you think someone is right for you do reach out to contact them and ask, as sponsors are waiting to be contacted (Sponsors don't usually reach out to you!). They will let you know either way or guide you more.
These tips are designed to assist you in getting started on your journey (Please note AA or NKC are not here to provide a service to find you a sponsor or sponsee, it is for you to find one - but we will try to assist where we can).
We also have some helpful NKC Blog posts that provide some guidance on sponsorship:
If this website has been helpful to you, we kindly encourage you to contribute to AA's 7th Tradition, which supports the operation of the NKC meeting and helps other alcoholics around the world. You can make a contribution here www.paypal.me/3651212424 🙏
Additionally, why not consider joining the NKC home group and getting involved in service? This is an excellent way to support others and maintain your own sobriety. Learn more about service opportunities at Service - Newcomers Keep Coming (NKC) Alcoholics Anonymous Group.
We love you - we’re not here to do this alone, we do this together.
Keep coming back.
With all the support, care and love,
Newcomers Keep Coming 💖
Click on the links below to open the Blogs
** Please ensure you check your spam/junk mail folders and Whitelist our domain newcomerskeepcoming.org **
"A Really Good Idea", Spring City, Utah, November 2003, AA
AA's 7th Tradition states that our meetings are self-supporting
Sign up to hear more from NKC. NKC will only use your email to contact you directly for our blog, updates, news and NKC matters. (Note: If you don't receive our email - Please check your spam/junk/categories folders or also whitelist our domain newcomerskeepcoming.org)
Copyright © 2023 Newcomers Keep Coming - Alcoholics Anonymous Group - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by our Higher Power!